Lab 7 Materials
- Student tray containing the following:
- 1-10 mL graduated cylinder
- 1-200 mL volumetric flask
- 1-cork or small square of Parafilm
- 2-50 mL Erlenmeyer flasks
- Labeling tape and marker
- Balance – 3 decimal places
- 1-150 mL buret
- Ring stand with buret clamp
- Hot plate
- 50 mL beaker
- ~3.5 mL 2.5 M Sodium Hydroxide (NaOH)
- ~ 350 mLDeionized water
- ~0.30 g potassiumacidphthalate (KHP)
- ~2 mL Phenolphthalein Indicator
- ~20 mL clear carbonated beverage
- ~.05 g citric acid
Safety and Notes
- Sodium hydroxide is caustic. If it gets on your skin, flush with copious amounts of water and inform your instructor.
- All waste must be disposed of in the CHM 111 Waste container in the back hood.
- Return all materials to trays and drawers in a clean orderly condition for the next class.