To prepare for the lab quiz evaluate the following concepts. Make sure you understand and can work problems related to each.
Limiting Reactant Lab
- Discuss the concepts of limiting reactant, theoretical yield and percent yield.
- Calculate theorietical yield.
- Determine the limiting reactant.
- Calculate percent yield.
- Perform calculations similar to those in Prelab question 1, Postlab question 2, and the “Beaker” calculations.
Reactions and Solubility Lab
- Classify chemical reactions by type.
- Write the net ionic equation for a reaction.
- Discuss the evidense that a chemical reaction has taken place.
- Predict the precipitate in a chemical reaction.
- Be able to answer questions similar to Pre-lab question 2-3, Postlab questions, and classification similar to the data section.
Titration of a Carbonated Beverage
- Calculate the concentration of an NaOH solution given the volume used to titrate a known mass of KHP.
- Calculate the concentration of citric acid in a soda given the volume and molarity of a NaOH solution.
- Answer questions similar to Pre-lab 2-3, Post-lab 1-3.
Molar Mass of a Volatile Liquid Lab
- Calculate molar mass using the ideal gas law and laboratory data.
- Answer questions similar to Pre-lab question 2 or Post-lab question 1.
- Determine whether a reaction is endothermic or exothermic.
- Determine the best ionic compound of to use in a heat pack for treating frostbite based on your experimental results.
- Calculate the average heat capacity of your calorimeter.
- Calculate the specific heat of a metal.
- Answer questions similar to Pre-lab 3-4, Post-lab 5-6.