For this assignment, review the feedback posted from your peer review, work your way through the revising and proofreading stages of your writing process, then submit your final version.
- Review the grading rubric as listed on this page.
- Review the feedback posted from your peer review
- Work through the revising and proofreading stages of the writing process.
- Create a final version of your Argument Essay according to the following. Papers submitted that do not meet the requirements will be returned to you ungraded.
- Minimum of 4 typed, double-spaced pages (about 800–950 words), Times New Roman, 12 pt font size (not including the Works Cited page)
- Minimum of 3 credible outside sources formatted on a source page (MLA, Works Cited)
- MLA formatting
- Submit your final version of your Argument Essay as a single file upload.
Grading Rubric: Argument Essay—Final Draft
|Criteria||Rating: Meets Expectation||Approaching Expectation||Point Total: 100|
|Ideas||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average idea development, with a thesis that articulates a clear stance about a controversial topic.||The writer sufficiently defines the topic, even though development is still basic or general.||__/30 pts|
|Content||The paper demonstrates outstanding or above average evidence of supporting the main point with at least three lives of reasoning. Paragraphs are well-developed and clear, demonstrating research about the topic. Research may include examples, testimony, and fact/data that supports your position.||The writer demonstrates sufficient support of the main point, but could use more supporting details.||__/30 pts|
|Organization||The organization is clear and showcases the central theme. The presentation of information is compelling. Opposing viewpoints are addressed in a logical way, and refuted.||The organizational structure is strong enough to move the reader through the text without too much confusion.||__/30 pts|
|Word Choice, Sentence Fluency, Conventions||The writer demonstrates an outstanding word choice selection, flow and cadence, with well-built sentences and strong grasp of standard writing conventions.||The writer demonstrates sufficient selection of words. The text tends to be more mechanical and contains some errors of standard writing conventions.||__/10 pts|