Identify the various causes of mass movement, as well as ways to diminish the damage caused.
This section explains the various causes of mass wasting. It will illustrate what controls mass wasting and how to reduce the risk of occurrence.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify geologic-caused changes that can affect mass wasting.
- Identify human impact on mass wasting.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Natural Mass Wasting
- Reading: Human Impact on Mass Wasting
- Self Check: Driving and Resisting Forces
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.