Describe geologic materials as current or potential energy resources and categorize sources as renewable or nonrenewable.
This section discusses the importance of both non-renewable and renewable resources. It also stresses the importance of resource conservation.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify available resources current or potential resources and as renewable or nonrenewable.
- Identify the type of energy currently consumed.
- Describe various ways to conserve resources and recognize alternative fuels options.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Earth’s Energy
- Reading: Energy Consumption on Earth
- Reading: Use and Conservation of Resources
- Self Check: Geologic Materials as Energy Sources
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.