Analyze and compare the properties, material, and layers within the Earth’s geosphere.
This section will focus on the Earth’s interior: what it is made of, why and how there are different layers of the Earth and where is each layer located.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand the physical and chemical characteristics of the two types of crust
- Understand the physical and chemical characteristics of the mantle
- Understand the physical and chemical characteristics of both the inner and outer core
- Differentiate between the Lithosphere and the Asthenosphere
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: Characteristics of the Crust
- Reading: Characteristics of the Mantle
- Reading: Characteristics of the Inner and Outer Core
- Reading: The Lithosphere and Asthenosphere
- Self Check: Layers of the Geosphere
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.