Describe types and processes of weathering and erosion.
This section introduces you to weathering and erosion, both important parts of the rock cycle. You will learn how different rocks are weathered and eroded and the implications of this weathering.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Identify the ways mechanical weathering alters materials on Earth.
- Identify the ways chemical weathering alters materials on Earth.
- Identify several influences on weathering.
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Reading: What Is Weathering?
- Reading: Mechanical Weathering
- Reading: Chemical Weathering
- Reading: Influences on Weathering
- Self Check: Weathering and Erosion