- Determine how a source’s purpose, document type, and delivery mode affect its value for a particular situation. (B, C)
- Verify expertise but acknowledge that experts do exist. (A, C)
- Examine how you feel about the information presented and how this impacts your response. (A, M)
- Consciously seek information from a spectrum of viewpoints and sources. (B)
By the end of this section, you will be able to:
- Develop and apply strategies for finding information that meets a particular need.
- Critically evaluate information from a variety of sources.
- Identify your own biases and develop strategies for expanding your perspective.
- Discuss the value of incorporating a variety of perspectives and viewpoints in your research.