|Lumen OHM Questions?||X|
|Editable Text?||X – download pdf here|
|Video Support?||X – in the OHM course|
|Written Assessments/ Test?||X|
|Workbook?||X – download here||X|
Course Description: This course is a review of arithmetic, including whole numbers, fractions, decimals, percents, ratios, rates, proportions, geometry, measurement, basic statistics, and signed numbers. More importantly, this course is intended to provide students with a solid foundation for the rest of their math courses.
This course is delivered in 5 chapters including the following topics:
Unit 1: Whole Numbers
- Place Value and Names for Whole Numbers, Rounding, Comparing Whole Numbers
- Adding, Subtracting, Estimating Whole Numbers and Applications
- Multiplying, Dividing Whole Numbers and Applications
- Understanding Exponents and Square Roots
- Order of Operations
- Basic Statistics, Graphing Data, Measures of Center
- Properties of Numbers, The Distributive Property
Unit 2: Introduction to Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Proper and Improper Fractions, Factors and Primes, Simplifying Fractions, Comparing Fractions
- Multiplying, Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Dividing Fractions and Mixed Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers
Unit 3: Decimals and Percents
- Ordering and Rounding Decimals
- Adding and Subtracting, Multiplying and Dividing Decimals
- Convert Percents, Decimals, and Fractions
- Finding a Percent of a Whole, Solving Percent Problems
Unit 4: Ratios, Rates, and Measurement
- Ratios and Rates, Proportions
- Volumes of Solids
- U.S. Measurement, Metric Measurement, Temperature Scales
Unit 5: Real Numbers
- Integers and Real Numbers
- Adding and Subtracting Integers and Real Numbers
- Multiplying and Dividing Real Numbers
- Order of Operations with Real Numbers
- Intro to Variables
Length: One semester
Delivery: This course is best for face to face classes due to the lack of online homework sets.
The OHM coursepack provides a starting place for building a custom course.
Algorithmic practice and assessment problem sets are included, and can be seen when you copy the course in your OHM account.
Course Review Access
Follow the link to review the Arithmetic for College Students course materials in Lumen OHM.