|Lumen OHM Questions?||X|
|Video Support?||X – in the Lumen OHM course|
|Written Assessments/ Test?||X|
|Workbook?||X – download here||X|
The text and workbook for this course were created through the efforts of three instructors at Scottsdale Community College in Scottsdale, Arizona. The included curriculum is broken into twelve lessons. Each lesson includes the following components:
- Mini-lesson with ideas introduced with practical situations, and video examples by Donna Gaudet
- Practice problems in the online homework system Lumen OHM that can be used with a workbook
This course is delivered in 12 chapters including the following topics:
- Place Value and Names for Whole Numbers
- Rounding Whole Numbers
- Operations on Whole Numbers
- Understanding Exponents
- Order of Operations
- The distributive property
- Factors and Primes
- Simplifying Fractions
- Comparing Fractions
- Add and subtract fractions
- Solve applications with fractions
- Multiply and divide fractions
- Solve applications using multiplication and division with fractions
- Identify place value
- Round decimal numbers
- Convert between decimals and fractions
- Convert between decimal and percent
- Solve applications involving decimals
- Determine percent increase or decrease
- Write ratios and proportions
- Solve applications involving ratios and proportions
- Define and compute measures of central tendency
- Use tables and graphs to analyze data
- Convert between US and Metric units
- Compute perimeter and distance
- Compute volumes and areas using square roots, and similar triangles
- Arrange signed numbers on a number line
- Compute absolute value
- Solve applications with signed numbers
Length: One semester
Delivery: This course is delivered in Lumen OHM with automated grading of numerical and algebraic answers, similar to WebAssign and MyMathLab. This makes it appropriate for self-study by students, or as a face to face course. This course can be imported into your LMS (Blackboard, Canvas, Moodle) to provide a single-sign on experience for your students, as well as grade return for you.
Lumen OHM provides randomized, algorithmically generated homework with automated grading of numerical and algebraic answers.
- A link to the entire workbook is contained in the Course Materials link area.
- Each lesson has a link to the MiniLesson pages and to the Practice Problems separated.
- Each lesson has a link to the solutions for Practice Problems (hidden from students). You can choose how or if you want to make this link visible.
- Each lesson has a link to the assessment answers (hidden from students). You can choose how or if you want to make this link visible.
- Each lesson has links to online HW (visible), online Quiz (hidden) and online test (hidden). You can choose how or if you want to make the quiz and test available to students.
Course Review Access
You can access the course as a guest student to see how the course is set up and view the Lumen OHM platform. Simply enter “guest” as the username, no password required.