What You’ll Learn To Do: Examine Gothic art and understand its impact on later art movements.
In Module 15 we will examine Gothic art. We will look at how this art contributed to the larger development of Western art. It is imperative to understand Gothic art in order to see how it impacted later artistic developments.
The learning activities for this module include:
- Review: Key Learning Items
- Watch: St. Denis (5:17)
- Watch: Chartres (three videos—5:51, 3:24, and 9:04)
- Read: Gothic Architecture
- Read: Southwell Minister
- Read: Salisbury Cathedral
- Read: Blanche of Castile
- Review: External Resources
- Submit: Module 15 Quiz (5 points)
- Submit: Unit 2 Scavenger Hunt (50 points)
- Complete: Exam 2