Thank you for joining in the effort to use, expand, and share OER Earth Sciences materials! We hope the following resources and ideas will help you in your own efforts to adopt or adapt OER for your courses.
We invite you to share in the collaboration and wisdom-sharing of the OER community. Slack is a free, easy-to-use tool for communication and collaboration. It offers channels for group conversations on specific topics, including Science-Natural and Earth-Sciences.
You can also send direct messages to individuals or groups. Use it from any computer or mobile device.
Lumen offers several template courses that can serve as starting points for your own development. You can mix, match, and adapt anything from the courses below quite easily.
- Geology: This course focuses on the essentials of Geology, providing more depth of coverage. This course is available both as a Candela course or a Waymaker course.
- Earth Science: This course covers a broad range of topics from minerals to the solar system.
- Physical Geography: This course approaches Geography from a geological perspective—focusing on the earth and earth systems.
- Natural Disasters is currently under development
- Human Geography is currently under development
This section provides support for faculty and course developers involved with the Achieving the Dream OER Degree Initiative.
Currently # institutions have included earth sciences courses in their course plans.