Open Educational Resources-Openly Licensed Material
After reading this chapter you should be able to:
- Define interpersonal communication.
- Explain self-disclosure.
- Understand the role of communication climate on interpersonal communication.
- Be aware of the role of dialectical tensions in interpersonal communication.
- Understand the unique dynamics of friendship.
- Understand the unique dynamics of romantic relationships.
- Understand the unique dynamics of family.
- Understand the various ways of interpreting and responding to conflict in interpersonal communication.