Write a post for the Discussion on this topic, addressing the questions below. Each part should be 1–2 paragraphs or several bullet points in length.
Part 1: Identifying the Customer and Problem
Describe a primary decision maker in your target segment: who they are, what they like, how they make buying decisions. Describe the primary problem(s) your organization, product or service will help them solve.
Part 2: Factors Influencing Customer Decisions
Provide a brief profile of your target segment using at least three of the following categories:
- Geographic characteristics: e.g., location, region, population size or climate.
- Personal and demographic characteristics: e.g., age, gender, family size, family life stage, income, personality.
- Social and Psychological characteristics: e.g., culture, social class, lifestyle, motivation, attitudes, reference groups, beliefs.
- Situational characteristics: e.g., buying situation, level of involvement, market offerings, frequency of use, brand loyalty.
- B2B/organizational buying considerations: e.g., individual factors, organizational factors, business environment factors, types of complexity
Part 3: Reaching the Customer
Based on this profile, identify 2–3 marketing strategies or tactics you believe would be effective at reaching this target segment, and briefly explain why they are a good fit.
Part 4: Respond to Classmates’ Posts
After you have created your own post, look over the discussion posts of your classmates and respond to at least two of them.
Part 5: Incorporate Feedback
Review the feedback you receive from classmates and your instructor. Use this feedback to revise and improve your work before submitting it as part of the “Marketing Plan, Part 2” assignment.
Grading Rubric for Discussion Posts
The following grading rubric may be used consistently for evaluating all discussion posts.
Discussion Grading Rubric
|Criteria||Not Evident||Developing||Exemplary||Point Value Possible|
|Submit your initial response||No post made – 0 pts||Post is either late or off-topic – 2 pts||Post is made on time and is focused on the prompt – 5 pts||Point value possible – 5 pts|
|Respond to at least two peers’ presentations||No response to peers – 0 pts||Responded to only one peer – 2 pts||Responded to two peers – 5 pts||Point value possible –5 pts|
Total Points Possible for Discussion Assignment: 10pts.