Describe the work of Charles Darwin in the Galapagos Islands, especially his discovery of natural selection in finch populations
Charles Darwin is best known for his discovery of natural selection. In this outcome we’ll learn more about his work and how it helped develop the theory of evolution.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Outline the work of Charles Darwin as a naturalist aboard the HMS Beagle
- Summarize the prior work and new evidence Darwin used to develop the idea of “descent with modification”
- Describe how Darwin’s work developed to the theory of evolution
- Define the concept of natural selection
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Darwin and Descent with Modification
- Darwin and the Theory of Evolution
- Natural Selection
- Self Check: Charles Darwin
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.