Explain the role of complementary base pairing in the precise replication process of DNA
In this outcome, we’ll learn more about the precise structure of DNA and how it replicates.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand the historical basis of our understanding of DNA
- Outline the basic steps in DNA replication
- Identify the major enzymes that play a role in DNA replication
- Identify the key proofreading processes in DNA replication
- Understand the basic role of telomeres in protecting DNA from replication errors
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- The History of DNA
- Basics of DNA Replication
- Major Enzymes
- “Proofreading” DNA
- Self Check: DNA Base Pairs and Replication
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.