Recognize the impact of DNA mutations
In this outcome, we’ll learn just what mutations are and how they’re often connected to our DNA.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Understand what a mutation is and how one generally occurs
- Understand the impact of mutations in somatic cells versus gametes
- Identify the major types of DNA mutations
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- What is a Mutation?
- Mutations in Somatic Cells and in Gametes
- Major Types of Mutations
- Self Check: DNA Mutations
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.