Discuss biological macromolecules and the differences between the four classes
As we’ve learned, there are four major classes of biological macromolecules:
- Proteins (polymers of amino acids)
- Carbohydrates (polymers of sugars)
- Lipids (polymers of lipid monomers)
- Nucleic acids (DNA and RNA; polymers of nucleotides)
Let’s take a closer look at the differences between the difference classes.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Define the term “macromolecule”
- Distinguish between the 4 classes of macromolecules
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Different Types of Biological Macromolecules
- Self Check: Carbohydrates
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.