The Biology for Majors I textbook contains fourteen modules—roughly one chapter per week for a 16-week semester. If you need to modify the pace and cover the material more quickly, the following chapters work well together:
- Module 2: Chemistry of Life and Module 3: Important Biological Macromolecules
- Module 4: Cellular Structure and Module 5: Cell Membranes
- Module 9: DNA Structure and Replication and Module 10: DNA Transcription and Translation
- Module 11: Gene Expression and Module 12: Trait Inheritance
- Module 13: Theory of Evolution and Module 14: Modern Biology
We recommend NOT doubling up Module 6: Metabolic Pathways, because it is long and especially challenging. Students will need more time for mastery and completion of assignments. In a longer semester, it can be taught over two weeks instead of one.