This assignment can be found in Google Docs: Business Communication Skills for Managers Assignment: Organize Sales Data
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
For this assignment, you will manipulate an Excel worksheet to organize and display data about sales totals throughout a year.
Download this Excel workbook. It already contains the data you need. Follow the directions, then submit your assignment. If you get stuck on a step, review this module and ask your classmates for help in the discussion forum.
- Open the workbook. Save it to the Rowan folder on your desktop as BA132_LastName_SalesData.xlsx, replacing “LastName” with your own last name. (Example: BA132_Hywater_SalesData) It is a good idea to save your work periodically.
- Format the data as a table with the name of the months and sales total as headers. You may use any table style you like.
- Change the cell format so that all the sales totals display as currency with a dollar sign and two decimal places.
- Indicate that the data for June and October needs to be verified by applying a different cell style to those cells.
- AutoFit the column width.
- AutoSum the total sales for the year.
- Save your work and submit the workbook in your course online.