This discussion can be found in Google Docs: Macroeconomics Discussion: Money and Banking
To make your own copy to edit:
- If you want a Google Doc: in the file menu of the open document, click “Make a copy.” This will give you your own Google Doc to work from.
- If you want a PDF or Word file: in the file menu of the open document, click “Download” and select the file type you would like to have (note: depending on the file type you select, the formatting could get jumbled).
- Instructions for faculty to paste the content into their LMS are located in the course resource pages.
Respond to the following prompt in a post with a minimum of 200 words, then comment on at least TWO other posts.
Consider the following items:
- Gold Coins
- Grocery Store Coupons
- Funds in a checking account
- Funds in a savings account
- 100 shares of Google stock
- Food Stamps
Which of these items is the best example of money? Which is the worst? How would you order the list from most money-like to least money-like? Explain your reasoning.