- Combine like terms.
- Identify like terms.
- Rearrange the expression so like terms are together.
- Add the coefficients of the like terms
- A term is a constant or the product of a constant and one or more variables.
- The constant that multiplies the variable(s) in a term is called the coefficient.
- like terms
- Terms that are either constants or have the same variables with the same exponents are like terms.
- To evaluate an algebraic expression means to find the value of the expression when the variable is replaced by a given number.