Explain how DNA stores genetic information
In this outcome, you will learn to describe the double helix structure of DNA: its sugar-phosphate backbone ladder with nitrogenous base “rungs” of ladder.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Diagram the structure of DNA
- Relate the structure of DNA to the storage of genetic information
- Explain how DNA packaging in both eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells protects genetic information
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Structure of DNA
- Genetic Information
- DNA Packaging in Eukaryotes and Prokaryotes
- Self Check: Storing Genetic Information
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.