Summarize the process of translation
RNA undergoes genetic translation, a process that produces proteins.
What You’ll Learn to Do
- Outline the basic steps of translation
- Describe the composition and role of ribosomes in translation, focusing on rRNA
- Understand the role of tRNA in translation
- Describe a codon and how they are used in translation
- Describe how proteins may be modified after translation
The learning activities for this section include the following:
- Steps of Translation
- Protein Modifications
- Self Check: Translation
Did you have an idea for improving this content? We’d love your input.