Module 11 Assignment: Collaborative Peer Activity: Conocer versus saber

Purpose: You will meet with a classmate in person, over Zoom, or via a phone call to practice using information in Spanish with a partner to talk about what you know, differentiating between saber and conocer, while using a PDF worksheet to guide you. The collaboration part of this activity will take approximately 30 minutes, so plan accordingly. You will each have access to the same information, but your answers will likely vary.

After you work with your partner through the information, you will independently write a Reporte based on your interaction with your peer.

Task: Download or print the following PDF. Take a moment to preview the activity before beginning, as Paso 1 can be done independently. Instructions are broken down step by step for each of you as you work together to learn about your partner’s knowledge and experiences.

PDF download: Conocer vs. saber

After you complete the activity with your partner, you will write a Reporte based on your collaborative experience. Your Reporte needs to address the following points in paragraph form in Spanish:

  1. ¿Cómo se llama tu compañero(a)?
  2. ¿Qué cosas sabe hacer tu compañero(a)?
  3. ¿Qué cosas no sabe hacer tu compañero(a)?
  4. ¿A quién conoce tu compañero(a)?
  5. ¿A quién no conoce tu compañero(a)?
  6. You will need to provide proof of your interaction with your partner to your instructor. Please upload a photo or screenshot of your portion of the completed PDF activity so that your instructor can see the work you did.

Criteria: 40% of the grade for this activity comes from your Reporte addressing questions 1-5 on the previous Task portion above. The other 60% of the grade will come from point 6, the “proof” you submit to your instructor through a photo or screenshot of your portion of the completed activity. If you are unsure about how your instructor wants you to submit this assignment (i.e. upload a word processing file, upload media, etc.), please ask for clarification before beginning.